Comment on page
RPC endpoint for MEV protection
PropellerRPC combines two features:
- Private submission: Trades sent to PropellerRPC are submitted to builders privately.
- Backrun refunds: PropellerRPC also simulates trades and searches for possible backruns. 100% of profits from backruns are returned to the user.
This is how it works:
- 1.Send a transaction to PropellerRPC.
- 2.Checks for backruns: Finds possible backruns, using the market graph and search algorithms from the PropellerSolver. If a backrun is possible, it is added in a bundle with the original tx - sending all profits back to you.
- 3.Submits the transaction privately: The RPC forwards the transaction to all major builders.
You can choose between execution preference on the PropellerSolver:
- Fast execution: If the transaction isn't mined within 5 blocks, it's sent to the public mempool.
- Secure execution: The RPC monitors and resubmits the transaction to builders until it is mined, and if it fails for 25 blocks is dropped.
- Builder neutrality: PropellerRPC does not favor or maintain private agreements with any builders. PropellerRPC forwards tx to all builders that don't abuse transactions.
- Builder monitoring: PropellerRPC monitors builder misbehavior. If builders reorder txs at the cost of users, it blacklists those builders.
- MEV protection: The RPC submits privately to block builders. Searchers can't frontrun or sandwich transactions, thus, together with PropellerSolver, the RPC provides complete protection against MEV.
- In-built backrunner: PropellerRPC has a built-in, highly-optimized, backrunner. It refunds 100% of profits, unlike order-flow auctions. (If you use the PropellerSolver to build your swap, then there won't be backrun opportunities.)
- No added costs: Backruns pay for themselves and all profits are refunded. You pay no additional gas.